1.02.2009

oh nine, oh nine, oh nine

alas it is the year two thousand and nine. the year i will not only graduate but also turn 18 and go off to college. now, i personally think that the New Year is a fake holiday that people use to make themselves feel better because the reality of the matter is that after the clock strikes midnight we will all be the same people we were just one minute before when it was still 2008. but enough with my cynicism. i feel that 2008 was a bit different than 2007. this year i feel that i lost some of my assurance or progress in figuring out what would happen to me in the future. i suppose i got a reality check on the actual size of my aspirations and dreams. there were also quite a few tough times with family, friends, and even school, but i know that most of them were learning experiences and i can only hope that the lessons from the rest will come to me with time. i did some regretable things, but i also did some fabulous things. i ended my junior year with my high school career's record high. i had a terrific summer with the french students. i found my niche of friends, who despite their ability to make me crazy make me even happier when they come together and be the group that makes me feel so at home. i took and passed my first AP test. i learned to chill. i slept in past 9, stayed up all night, and fell asleep in class, a lot. i made numerous new friends. i lost a few. i went on kairos and learned a little bit about what love really is. i maintained one of the most important relationships in my life, even with my huge mistakes. i developed two of the most important relationships of my life, and i'm getting really good at them. all in all i think 2008 was a tougher year than 2007, but i also think it was better for me. i feel 2009 will be tough, but great. it will be full of change but in a good way, i hope.

No comments: