8.20.2010

Double-Double

The past week I've been SUPER busy. Sarah and I went to Outside Lands Music Festival and then immediately the morning after my parents and I drove to Portland. I definitely went balls to the wall on that one.





Outside Lands was exhausting, but FANTASTIC! Friday night we got to see Tokyo Police Club (finally!!!) at Rickshaw Stop, a smaller venue, and then Saturday and Sunday we saw so many amazing performances!! Saturday: Tokyo Police Club, The Strokes, Cat Power, the Levon Helms Band, Langhorne Slim, etc. Sunday: Phoenix (who I've decided gets my Best of Festival Award), Al Green, Temper Trap, Kings of Leon, THe Soft Pack. It all went by so quickly, but I honestly had a really, really, really great time and am so glad that we got to go! And after 2 days of pretty much living off of the muffins, chex mix, and odwalla bars we brought, In-n-out Burger never tasted better. Such dedication!

Day 5: A Picture of your Morning
This is a picture of yesterday morning, at the hotel in Portland. We woke up at 6 to drive home from Portland. The reason for the quick trip was for orientation. It wasn't what i would call fun, but a lot of business got taken care of. I registered for classes and figured out all the shit i need to do in the next 4 years. This last semester was so lax and weird that i was reminded of all the hard work i'm going to need to do. It's half exciting and half scary. I hope I haven't lost it.

Music: Last Nite - The Strokes

1 comment:

Swong said...

That is such a fabulous picture of Al! I would accept his rose any day. Great pick for best of the fest btw :)

And you definitely haven't lost it broheim!