8.27.2010

Day 5: What Inspires You


I love all things Nautical (hence the blog 4 months at sea, although, yes, that is a song lyric from Brand New's Play Crack in the Sky). Anchors, stripes, boats, birds, whales, waves, water, etc., etc. Sail boats in particular are my favorite. I think I enjoy the idea of them the most because to me they are these big, beautiful apparatuses, man made, but dependent on nature. They can only go where the wind blows. Its a good metaphor for life I like to think. And the ocean is such a mystery. Yep. So I love sail boats and their large, stark sails blowing in the wind inspires me. I hope someday, when I'm older, to live in the bay (or near a body of water) and have my own huge sail boat where I can spend hours on the water because I will be retired and have all the time in the world.

1 comment:

Swong said...

The Willamette River awaits!