10.29.2010

BUSY! BUSY!


This week I've really begun to feel the ups and downs of being in school, trying to balance fun and responsibility. Thursday was especially busy and my outlook was not very good because I've been sick all week. (My second time already since I've been in Portland!). Luckily things turned out a lot better than expected.
Here is how Thursday went down, in list form, of course:
8AM-9AM Environmental Science Lab: I actually got my ass up this week to make it to my lab. I was afraid my group would be mad at me for missing the last 2 weeks but to my relief they were not! We got some assignments, decided when to meet next, and left. Best part is there is no lab for the next 2 weeks!
10AM-10:30AM Academic Counseling Appointment: After lab I rushed back to my room to blow my nose 100 times and make myself a little more presentable for the public. Ironically, both times I've met with my academic counselor I've been sick. But the appointment went well. I LOVE MY COUNSELOR! He is very cute and his name is Ben. I told him about how I've decided to stay a Graphic Design major but add a Writing minor (consider this a formal announcement of my decision). He was very enthusiastic about the decision and helpful. I did find out that it will be very unlikely that I get out in 4 years but that's ok. I'm going to be a Graphic Designer!
12PM-1PM Psychiatric Phone Appointment: My counselor from Sacramento and I had a phone chat. I'm making progress and I hope to keep things going.
2PM-2:30PM Gap Interview: I had a job interview at Kids Gap!!! The manager, Jill, seems pretty eager and I really hope I get the job. The interview went well (as far as I can tell) and they are going to call me this week. Keep your fingers crossed!

It's Halloween this weekend and I'm hoping my sickness will be gone in time for some fun on Saturday. I'll take lots of pictures so look out for that!

Music: BEST COAST! BEST COAST! (missed seeing them because I was too sick. BOO.)

No comments: