10.22.2010

Take Your Medicine


On Wednesday night I went with Hanna and Sam to the Roseland to see my favorite Portland band, STARFUCKER! I'm not exactly sure why, but Starfucker is my favorite Portland band, which is crazy because so many amazing bands come from Portland. But they win because they sing my favorite song in the world: Rawnald Gregory Erickson the Second. The song is my favorite for a few reasons. It leads in with some heavy bass beats at a mellow tempo; just right for swaying to the beat and bobbing your head. (I also like to add some arms waving around in the air, very hippie-ish). Then come the whispery vocals. I guess I just love how the song is really interesting but still just really easy to listen to and enjoy.

But anyway. The show was AMAZING fun. They dressed up in women's dresses with wigs and make-up. Everyone just danced like crazy!!! There are few things better than hearing some of your favorite music being played live, at high volume, and feeling it with an entire crowd of people.

Photos by Sam Hackerson

Music: Starfucker

No comments: