2.15.2012

Dorm Daze #1

I'd like to welcome our newest team member, Eden Redmond (a dear friend of mine and the author of Wildish) and her new series Dorm Daze. She is kind enough to share some of her most interesting experiences as an RA.


There were two sets of legs in the shower, only three feet on the ground. We had had enough. Residents in the hall had complained for weeks about the awkward giggling and extra wet noises coming from the stall at conspicuous hours. So when my co-worker came running to me and said "They're in there!" I was eager to bust the scene. 

It isn't necessarily protocall to directly interrupt a four legged shower, but we had spoken to this couple after-the-fact several times to no avail. It was time for more aggressive, embarrassing action.

I walked into the bathroom with my nervous co-worker and sure enough they were in there giggling away. I banged loudly on the paper towel dispenser, the fourth foot dropped. 

"Good evening folks, this is your RA speaking. Due to constant expressions of discomfort by your neighbors we would like to ask you both to discontinue your shared shower time."

Whispers behind the curtain.

She walked out first, totally naked chin held high with the coldest look in her eyes, her attitude harder than her nipples. She did not break eye contact as she grabbed a towel, wrapped her hair up in it and walked out of the bathroom otherwise naked. Totally ignoring my "Thank you so much for complying to the housing contract you signed."

He stayed in the shower a few moments longer (real simple guess as to why) and then turned off the water. He was flush red and quickly grabbed a towel with much more modesty than his partner. He covered himself up and rushed past my co-worker and I without eye contact. 

I later found out that it was his birthday.

1 comment:

Claire said...

Eden, you are badass.