1.09.2011

Academically Speaking

WEEK ONE, DONE! And a long week it has been. I'm taking 4 classes this term (Typography 1, Digital Illustration 1, Communication Design Studio 1 and American Studies), and believe me, it is a good load. So far my classes are all pretty interesting and seem promising. My teachers all seem nice, intelligent for the most part, and entertaining, which is always great. Although I haven't had TOO much work just yet, school feels like a drag already. Waking up to be in class by 9am four days a week is harder than you think, especially when you are used to getting up for noon classes or no classes. But despite my busy school days I've been managing to work the few, short shifts they give me at work and also make it to the gym just about everyday. Being able to do all of these "grown up" things successfully makes me happy.
I also manage to mix in a little fun. Lenae brought back the first season of Vampire Diaries, and I'll admit I'm pretty hooked. Can anyone say "guilty pleasure"? Yea.
Although I'm once again becoming acclimated here in the freezing Pacific Northwest, I realize I miss California and all the people and wonderful things there. In N Out burger, we shall see each other soon enough!

Music: My Body Is A Cage - The Arcade Fire

No comments: