9.21.2010

The New School


Saturday I moved into my new dorm room at PSU. The move went surprisingly well considering there are 15 floors of frenzied students trying to cram all their junk into tiny, shared rooms. To my relief, all of my stuff (even my clothes) fit and I am pretty satisfied with my set up so far. The people here are really friendly, for the most part, and my roommate is really nice. Everyone on my floor seems to be eager to hangout and I'm feeling pretty comfortable even though it has only been 2 days. I've even found friends with a TV who share my guilty pleasure television choices. All quite a relief after my CCA experience. I look forward to starting classes and meeting even more people and exploring more of Portland!

I ran into a small problem while decorating my room. For some reason no types of tape would stick to my walls....but I tried again today and it stuck so we'll see. I cannot live in a colorless world! I need to look at beautiful things.

Today began what they call "Viking Days". Its a bunch of planned activities and information sessions which go on the first week. Unfortunately I missed a few this morning because I was too lazy to get up but I'm looking forward to doing some more stuff the rest of the week.

Music: Ashley - The Dodos

No comments: