2.11.2010

i'm missing a few people. people like the boys who weren't my lovers, but weren't my brothers. they were just my friends. right now i really want to spend time with them, to chill with them, to watch Wedding Crashers with them and laugh easily and without using my brain. i want to take naps on their couches and watch them try to dance at night in the park. i want to online shop with them and lose miserably at video games to them.
i'm missing a few things. things like the hot summer sun coaxing me out of my jeans and into cutoffs and then into my swimsuit and eventually the pool. things like sunglasses and diet coke that still tastes good even when the ice cubes completely melt and make it watery. things like staying out all night and going where ever i want, no concern of the late hour because i had the option of sleeping all day.
i miss sleeping all day and enjoying it rather than sleeping all day hoping that when i wake up enough time will have passed and it will be a day when i will get to enjoy all of these people and all of these things.

1 comment:

Claire said...

While this is really sad, it's also beautifully poetic. Miss you Amy!