8.25.2009

say 18

sunday i moved to college. i loaded all my shit into my dad's excursion and then we unloaded it all into a teeny, tiny room for two. but i didn't stay. i'll never know what i missed on that first night in the dorms. but what i didn't miss was the last matches concert EVER. as i begin the new era of my life the Matches end their legacy of being a local phenomena with a sold out show at the Fillmore. i'm sad because the matches have been my favorite band since middle school. them ending on the very same day my college career is beginning seems kind of symbolic. maybe it is fate. all i know is the show was amazing. there is no other band i will endure the bashing of the pit for and i loved every sweaty, bruising second of it. i sang my heart out to every song. they played most of my favorites. even Justin Sansoucci, the original bassist was there to send them off on their last hurrah.


and i am definitely glad i opted to go to the concert instead of going to the mandatory residents meeting.

Music: The Morning Tilts - The Matches

No comments: