3.09.2012

Which Sex and the City Girl Are You

Happy International Women's Day everyone! (Do you say things like that on days like this?) In honor of the day I'd like to talk about 4 of my favorite women. Those women would be Samantha Jones,  Charlotte York, Miranda Hobbes,and Carrie Bradshaw. Yes, Sex and the City is one of my all time favorite shows and part of its appeal is is portrayal of what I'd define as 4 modern women. Carrie and friends are both sexy and strong, and although they have their faults and might pine for men, when you get down to it they are also independent. I find this fact to be some kind of accuracy that people don't like to talk about. Why should I feel bad about wanting a boyfriend? It doesn't make me weak. I just want to cuddle...
Anyway, we are all a Samantha, Charlotte, Miranda or Carrie deep down inside. Which SATC girl are you!?

Samantha Jones
Wild and outgoing, bluntly honest about her thoughts, but in denial about her feelings, Samantha Jones is a true go-getter. With her own PR management company and a no-marriage policy, this female gets off on being a powerful and successful woman, holding her own with the boys, and living her life however she wishes to at the given moment.



Charlotte York
Sweet, put together, and polite, Charlotte is what I like to call "the dreamer" of the group. With her more classic ideals, she dreams of the perfect husband, having perfect children all while living in their perfect apartment. Luckily Charlotte's ideas of "perfect" can be changed as she learns from many of her unsuccessful relationships.

Miranda Hobbes
Miranda is the more logical of the group. Being a stereotypical lawyer, she is very intelligent but also on the cynical side. If Samantha is being too frivolous, Charlotte too imaginative, and Carrie too pensive, Miranda is the one who is going to ask the right questions. Her personality is as fiery as her red hair and she likes to wear the pants in her relationships, so to speak.

Carrie Bradshaw
Carrie leads us through her life with the thoughtful, observant, and witty internal monologue of a writer. She is more tactful than Samantha, a little less idealistic than Charlotte, and not as logical as Miranda. She is mindful of her relationships and about life.





All are equally fabulous and reminders that as women we should celebrate who we are! Even when part of us is the girl who freaks out about a boy they have a crush on, gets moody when they are menstruating, or spends an extra hour or two getting ready in the morning just because when you look better, you feel better.



4 comments:

BLAIR said...

I think I wanna be a Miranda, but in reality I'm definitely Carrie. Love this post Amy!

Unknown said...

Thanks Blair! I'd say you're more of a Carrie too :)

Claire said...

This is awesome, Amy! I think I'm somewhere between Carrie and Charlotte.

Amy A said...

Thanks Claire! And I agree with your assessment :D