1.14.2012

All The Small Things

If you're like me, and browse tumblr for hours upon hours, you see a lot of those "bag content glamour shots". They always look so pretty, with all their color-coordinated gizmos. The wallets match the notebook match the compact match the tissue match the pack of gum, etc, etc. I thought I'd let the contents of my own bag have a little day of glamour. Although I must say the contents of my bag are not quite as glamorous as the ones on the internet!

What really is fun about those photos is trying to imagine what the owner of said bag is like. Do they have a camera and/or a notebook? They must be imaginative. Do they wear red lipstick and dark sunglasses? I bet they are glamorous and have fabulous social events to attend. Do they have a tiny bag and barely any stuff? They must be some super human, cause I carry a huge bag that fills up with crap quickly! It always reminds me of this game I play sometimes with my friends where I look through the contents of their wallet (excluding the ID) and tell them the assumptions I'd make about them if I found it on the street. I wonder what the contents of my bag say about me?

No comments: