11.06.2010

Long Live the 90's

Yesterday was a jam packed day. Sam and I went to Sushi, then Portland's Largest Garage Sale, then to Will Bryant's art show, then to dinner with her friend Ty, and then out to the Matador with some other people. The most important parts were the garage sale and the art show.

The garage sale was at the Expo Center and basically was exactly what it sounds like. You pay $4 to get in and then have free range of this huge warehouse of people set up selling their stuff. I got a gold zipper necklace, pokemon and other watch, cool picture of a boy riding a horse, and an old film camera with a leather case. Total (not including entry fee) I spent only like $5. What a deal! The camera should work, maybe with a spare part or two. Either way I'm very happy with my purchases.

The Will Bryant show was awesome. Will Bryant is a Graphic Designer based in Austin, TX who does all these really cool doodle-like drawings of geometric designs, cool dudes, an just fun stuff. He's pretty obsessed with the Chicago Bulls (circa the 90's and Michael Jordan), Space Jam, and likes gold, glitter, and ridiculousness as much as I do. I got to see him give a presentation at school on Thursday and then decided to go to his show opening last night with Sam. I talked to him about how I'm sort of just starting in GD and he told me about how the possibilities are endless and he signed my postcard. This guy is super inspiring and I want to be him when I grow up. No joke.

These are the goodies I got at the show. Signed postcard, Michael Jordan business card, Care Free Cola button, Banana Dood button, and custom Scout Book with stamps (all free!)

Check out Will Bryant at www.willbryant.com

Music: Space Jam Soundtrack

No comments: