3.10.2010

Dearest Friend

Dearest Friend, I love you. Dearest Friend, I miss you. Dearest Friend, I will never stop loving you or missing you. We are in different places. We may always be in different places from now until we die but you will always be on my mind and you will always be in my heart. Every year on your birthday I will think of you and find some way to tell you "Happy Birthday my very good friend. I wish you the best!" And i do. I wish you the best. One day we will be at each other's weddings. We will see each other happier than ever. We will smile at each other and say "Congratulations!". Our smiles will be full of the purest joy that can only come from loving friendship like ours. It seems to get harder as the two of us grow older, but I'll never give up because i believe in you. I believe in our friendship as though it were a physical object I can smell and taste and hold in my hands. I do hold it. I hold it in my hands and I hold it in my heart and I will never let it go.

lately i've been really realizing who my true friends are. in a few months i will leave to a new place, and i won't come back for any permanent reason. when i leave i will be given the choice to hold on to the people i want to and let go of the ones i can and should be without. thank you to anyone who has been a true friend to me, never wronging me intentionally, always worrying about me, putting up with the fact that i'm not always the best person, and loving me despite anything and everything. if this is you, you'll surely know who you are. thank you to anyone who has wronged me, who has maliciously tried to cause chaos and stress in my life. without you to compare the good ones to i wouldn't know just how great they are. i hope you can possibly find some better purpose in your life someday.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

This is one of my favorite posts ever! You're pretty much a poet, Pete :)