7.03.2012

Photo-less Musings: California

Yesterday I got back from an 8 day tour of Northern California, the land that I was born and raised in and the land that I absolutely love. I jokingly told Amos that my heart was locked away in a box at the bottom of the San Francisco Bay, but it really feels like that is true. As I hiked up and down the hills of the city, gazed across the bay as I walked along the bridge, and navigated my way through tourists on the pier my heart couldn't stop smiling. We spent just over 24 hours in Sacramento and, according to Amos' observation, that was all I needed to immediately click into a more comfortable mode. It's silly how quickly my moods can change from certain things, but home had that effect on me.  From the beautiful forests of the redwoods, through the bustling streets of the city, and even to the suburban neighborhoods of Sacramento, I currently cannot truthfully say I love any place more.


Photos from the trip and a more fun post to come (when Amos gets them to me!).

No comments: