5.20.2010

Flashback


I'm in disbelief that exactly one year ago today I graduated from High School. So much has changed between now and then. On that day I was proud, nostalgic, and i think genuinely happy. I was being promoted from the menial world of high school clad with a few accomplishments that i really worked hard for and i felt good about myself and the things i had achieved. I felt invincible and ready to take on the world and go to college.
It is weird, because i was wrong. I was not ready to go anywhere and that is probably how i ended up back in Sacramento in the spring semester. Adulthood is a scary thing and even the most mature and on top of it need a little help and have some trouble transitioning. It is weird to see where i am today from where i was that day. In a few months i'm about to leave for my 3rd college, this one out of state and farther away. I've experienced a lot of new things, felt a lot of new feelings, and changed a lot this past year. People say this is growing up, but i still feel like a kid. I just hope that i'm possibly on the uphill climb and that this next year will be much better and less emotionally testing than the last one. I hope that next year on the anniversary of my graduation i feel just as proud and happy as i did on the day itself.

It's also my dad's Bday, so HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAD! (even though i make sure you don't read my blog)

No comments: